Thread: Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Default Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

I am medicine student , today I received email from one person that "can use telepathy".
    Is it possible that telepathy works on the distance of few kilometer, correct and all the time?
    I can not find any official document on any existing person today that can use telepathy
    but I found Vinko Rajic and Uri Geller and they are talking that they can use telepathy.
    Why they do not make research on it? Many Schizophrenic are coming with similar story.
    Can it be that some Schizophrenics are just receiving from some other head?
    James Randi offer 1000000$ for evidence, but Vinko and Uri can use telepathy or maybe NOT?

There is not scientific evidence for telepathy. Why this telepathy madness?
    At Edinburgh University, experts conducted controlled experiments to see if telepathy is possible.
    Vinko maybe can give evidence for it but why they do not make an experiment with Vinko or Uri Geller?

Why are Schneider's symptoms of the first rank for Schizophrenia exact the same as Vinko's telepathy?
    Is CIA's remove viewing project just a bluff because telepath's like Vinko can never find out who actually
    is sending to them , also receiver or sender can never localize each other.

I think it is in interests of science and human kind to make some really research on Vinko and Uri.
    New "Mad Monk" like Grigori Rasputin can happen again, some pararanormal people are very dangerous.

I know this thread is several months old, but since there is no answer I'll go ahead and throw out that James Randi proved Uri Geller a fraud publicly on the Tonight Show in the 1980s.
    James Randi debunking on Tonight Show

Oh yeah, and he wrote a book about it:
    The Truth About Uri Geller
    Last edited by stevec; 05-21-2012 at 11:16 PM.

It is unlikely that telepathy works in any sort of supernatural sense.

However, it is quite possible that modeling other people explicitly or even your limbic brain can implicitly model the feelings and maybe close enough to guess the ideas of others.

Your limbic brain is quite capable of deriving the 'state' of another human being by observation. It's NOT telepathy as usually meant but it can FEEL darn close.

I would prefer telepathy to be impossible, but I feel feelings, presences & voices which seem to be from foreign, external sources - the people i've apparently connected to somehow by thinking about them. mostly i seem to pick up on how people lie. it makes my life very uncomfortable at times. i would prefer it to be simply the illusion of an illness such as schizophrenia, but as yet, i have not seen through the illusion if is such.

i would never be able to pick up specific details from someone else's remote life, such as what they had for dinner. it feels like i pick up their wish to dominate me mostly. byron katie says empathy (which would be like telepathy) is just an egoic fallacy, so i hope she's right. maybe what i'm caught up in is something to do with souls (which seems rather a vitalist belief), or how our minds could be like radios. maybe what i think of as my telepathy is simply what the dalai lama might call my 'inner enemy'.

Yes, telepathy is possible. Telepathic Communication is the ability to transmit information from mind to another, and Telepathic Perception, is the ability to receive information from another mind.