Thread: Living in the past

Default Living in the past

Hi Firstly sorry if I've posted this in the wrong area, or this is the wrong forum to post this on......

I recently stumbled across this video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTOODPf-iuc

its a really interesting video about how the things we see actually happened about 80ms ago due to the time it takes for our brains to process information pick out the bits it thinks we needs and sends it to our concious thought, please take the time and check out the video to get an idea of the background to my question/discussion

so my question is.... ( assuming you have seen the video to make things clearer)

is this part of the reason we believe animals (for e.g. cats and dogs) have a sixth sense? if they process information faster than we do due to having less neurons and information has less distance to travel, does it mean their perception of time is faster than ours giving the "illusion" of a sixth sense and seeing events before (to our brains) they have happened
    I understand that other things can come into play with this so called sixth sense like sounds that are inaudible to us but if time perception differs between humans and animals surly that would play a large roll?
    does being more "intelligent" actually make our brains process information from the outside world slower?

please discuss.

p.s. sorry if it was long winded, and please stick to layman's terms I'm a bit of a newby

Is this really possible? I really don't know but I have come across videos and pages that connects the physical world to the past and to other dimension. Just like the mysterious Bermuda triangle, it is said to be a portal leading to another dimension, thus recording the mystery behind lost and unrecovered ships that happen to pass by it.