Thread: USC, UCD, or UCB

Question USC, UCD, or UCB

I am split between University of Southern California, University of California at Davis, and University of Colorado at Boulder.

Which school has the strongest neuroscience undergrad program, or are they all pretty similar?

Anatoly

University of Southern California is the best in my opinion, of course you have to do some research to figure out which one best suits your needs.

good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by tortorici View Post
    I am split between University of Southern California, University of California at Davis, and University of Colorado at Boulder.

Which school has the strongest neuroscience undergrad program, or are they all pretty similar?
    USC was the University I had my heart set on, until I looked further into it. Being a die-hard Trojans fan...I was set on their facility for reputation, their research labs etc. but I've been working in the biopharmaceutical field for over a year now and have established contacts with folks that helped fund their research facilities and have had a chance to participate in a facility audit and let's just say that I changed my mind accordingly. Also location is dreadful, I am about an hour away, but traffic makes it 3 hours and it is in mid-city...but that's a personality thing.

Davis is reputable and very well known in the industry.

Looking into reputation, location and lab availability, I am now working towards MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology). They have the equipment, the laboratory space (about 15 locally) and are in a beautiful location, too. Their scientists are supposed to be the best around. It helps that their students have the highest average salary rating out there, ranging from mid-student to mid-career from around 60 K to 140 K annually, even when compared to Stanford, Harvard etc. (the three Universities you've mentioned are not even on the list).

Hope this helps, helped me, and if you like travel, this is it.