Thread: Introduction to Computational Neuroscience - Free Course from MIT

Default Introduction to Computational Neuroscience - Free Course from MIT

This course gives a mathematical introduction to neural coding and dynamics. Topics include convolution, correlation, linear systems, game theory, signal detection theory, probability theory, information theory, and reinforcement learning. Applications to neural coding, focusing on the visual system are covered, as well as Hodgkin-Huxley and other related models of neural excitability, stochastic models of ion channels, cable theory, and models of synaptic transmission.

MIT OpenCourseWare | Brain and Cognitive Sciences | 9.29J Introduction to Computational Neuroscience, Spring 2004 | Download this Course
    Last edited by James; 10-01-2009 at 01:05 AM.

Default stochastic models of ion channels

Hi James,

There is nothing much about "stochastic models of ion channels" in this course material. I am a Graduate Programs and looking for a good material in stochastic models of ion channels. Can u suggest me something.

Thanks james but i can't open download link using firefox any one else with same problem
    Last edited by cordellpascall; 10-05-2009 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cordellpascall View Post
    Thanks james but i can't open download link using firefox any one else with same problem
    you can try to download directly from mit site. link
    Last edited by James; 10-01-2009 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arvindmer View Post
    Hi James,

There is nothing much about "stochastic models of ion channels" in this course material. I am a Graduate Programs and looking for a good material in stochastic models of ion channels. Can u suggest me something.
    i will let you know as soon as i find something.

nternational Journal of Mind, Brain, and Cognitive Science is a biyearly
    journal for the multidisciplinary study of minds and other intelligent
    systems. It publishes articles on cognition from perspectives in artificial
    intelligence, education, linguistics, neuroscience, philosophy, psychology,
    and anthropology. Editorial decisions are made on the basis of content,
    rather than discipline or author, and papers in all areas of cognitive
    science are welcome.
    Last edited by alice; 09-18-2010 at 10:06 AM.

How we see is best understood by comparison with a camera. The camera uses a shutter with a small, central opening to admit light. If the object is bright, the shutter closes the opening; if dim, the shutter enlarges the opening to collect more light. The camera lens focuses the light, bringing it to a sharp image, on photographic film. Because this film is at a fixed distance behind the lens and because viewed objects lie at various distances, different-shaped lenses are needed to bend light rays to a focus. For close objects, a more "bulging," or convex ("zoom"), lens is needed for greater bending. A thinner lens, producing less bending, is needed for more distant objects. Film images "develop" because the focused light patterns react chemically with light-sensitive "receptors" on the film. A camera case encloses and protects the shutter, lens, and film.